Document Entitlements allow individual users to access only the documents that they are permitted to see, based on their specific entitlement settings. Public-facing documents, as an example, would be visible to anyone viewing the site whereas documents for a specific country, culture, etc. would be visible only to a user whose country, culture, etc. match the criteria set in the entitlements scheme. Entitlements can be set up either as Entitlements Schemes where values for Document Meta Tags are set up per individual user, or a Preset Entitlements where Document Meta Tags with preselected values are assigned to users.
To use Document Entitlements, the following requirements must be met:
- Documents Entitlements must be enabled for the client instance by a SuperAdmin user
- Document Meta Tags should already exist in the Data Dictionary
- Tags should have been applied to documents in the Document Hub
- And, ideally, document Upload Rules should have been created enforcing the use of those tags when documents are uploaded to the Document Hub
Entitlement schemes use a selection of Document Meta Tags which, based on values specified when assigning the entitlements to the user, documents must meet to be visible to that user.
- With the Entitlement Schemes tab selected, click + to add a new scheme.
- Enter a Name for the Scheme.
- Start typing to choose Document Meta Properties as tags for the scheme’s criteria.
Note: Document Meta must already exist to be used here. There is no limit to the number of tags which can be added.
- Click Save.
Preset Entitlements work with existing Entitlement Schemes but include the values that are allowed for the meta tags. This way, preset entitlements can be assigned to multiple users (with the same document visibility requirements) more efficiently.
- With the Preset Entitlements tab selected, click + to add a new Preset.
- Enter a Name for the Preset.
- Enter a Code.
- Enter a Description. Because this is a preset entitlement, the description can be quite specific.
- Use the dropdown to select the appropriate Entitlement Scheme.
- After the Scheme is selected, Meta Tags will display. Select appropriate values for the Meta Tags. Multiple values can be added.
- Click Save.