Engine Relations are a way of connecting data sets within DXM WordPress, or relating them to each other by setting up rules to define how these relationships will work. The relation is always present within the same site.
- Click Add New.
- Type in a Name for the relation type.
- Use the dropdown to select the Parent (main) post type.
- Use the dropdown to select the Child post type.
- Use the dropdown to select the Relation Type. You can choose One to one, One to many or Many to many.
- Click to open Advanced Settings.
- Toggle on either or both options for the meta box to appear so as to control and edit the relation of the post types to each other.
- Click Add Relation.
If the Relation Type has been set to One to many or Many to many you will be able to select multiple names from the Relation to Team Members dropdown. Or if you’re setting up the Relation to Posts in the Team Member post type (from the child view), you will be able to select multiple posts.
If the Relation Type is One to one, only one item may be selected and that specific item cannot be chosen for another post as it may be used once only.
Note: Relations may be amended by browsing to Engine | Relations and updating the relation details.