Translation Notifications can be set up to notify translators that there are translations to be completed, as well as to notify WordPress editors that translations have been completed and returned by translation providers. This creates a more efficient translation journey.
The setup for this is done in the DXM WordPress Network Admin site which makes for a seamless and efficient experience for all users.
Note: Translation providers must be set up in System Administration to use all notification features.
- Toggle on New Translation Alert – this sends a notification to the Translator User to inform them that a post has been assigned to them.
- Toggle on Translation Reminder – this allows notification’s to be sent to a Translator User to remind them that they have a post to translate.
- Toggle on Translation Request Received back into DXM – this sends a notification to a Translator User to inform them that a translation which was sent to a provider is complete and is back in DXM WordPress, ready for review.
New Translation Alert
Send notifications to inform the Translator User that a post has been assigned to them.
- Browse to a site, then create a new post, or open an existing post to see the Edit post view.
- In the Translations block, use the dropdown to select a Language for the post to be translated into.
- Use the next dropdown to select a Translator.
- Click Save draft or Publish or Update (depending on the post’s publish status).
An email will be sent to the Translator User informing them that a post is waiting to be translated. If the post has multiple languages selected for the same Translator User, all requests will be sent in a single email. This happens as soon as the post is assigned to the Translator User.
The email includes site and post details as well as a link to click to be taken directly to the post requiring a translation.
A notification email is sent to a Translator User reminding them that a post is waiting to be translated.
- Click Translations in the left menu pane.
- Select the posts which need reminders sent out.
- Click BULK ACTIONS.
- Use the dropdown to select Remind Translators & Approvers.
Note: Translation Reminders are only sent where a post's translations are in Draft status.