Users are the individuals who will be logging into either the Kurtosys App or the Document Portal to access applications, information or documentation.
Locking or Deactivating a User
Use the Settings cog to access the System Administration tools.
- Click Users in the navigation pane to access all existing Users. This will open the Users information screen. Any existing Users will be listed in the table along with their login details.
- Click a Username.
- Click Authorization in the User Options side panel to Lock (or Unlock), or to Deactivate (or Reactivate) the User’s Account.
Locking an Account
- Click Lock Account to revoke a User’s access.
- Click the X next to the Username to go back to the main Users list. Their Status will display as Locked. (You may need to refresh your browser window to see this.)
Click Unlock Account to restore the User’s access.
Note: A User can unlock their own account by using the Forgot Password option at login time. See Locked Account or Forgot Password.
Deactivating an Account
- Click Deactivate Account to revoke a User’s Access and make that Username unavailable.
Note: Users are never deleted. All activities are recorded attached to a User Id therefore Users cannot be deleted because of strict auditing records.
- Click the X next to the Username to go back to the main Users list. Their Status will display as Deactivated. (You may need to refresh your browser window to see this.)
Click Reactivate Account to reactivate a Username and restore their access.
Note: A user cannot reactivate their own account. This must be done by an Admin.
Click Save after any of these actions. A green successful task pop up bar will appear across the bottom of the screen.
See also Adding Bulk Users, Adding a Role and Assigning a Role or Giving Application Access to a User.